23rd February, 2010
Since the recent arrival of my Nexus One, I decided it would be a great idea to move all the e-mail for my website over to Google Apps. This enables all the snazzy benefits of the Nexus One, without the polling required to read IMAP mail accounts. Unfortunately my Uni e-mail will still have to be IMAP - but that’s a post for another day.
Moving over to Google Apps was a complete breeze - a few buttons and a couple of DNS updates and everything’s working beautifully within literally minutes.
However, for some reason the Google Mail Uploader didn’t want to play nice with my combination of Outlook 2010 / weird PST locations / multiple mail accounts / multiple inboxes.
So what I ended up doing was creating an IMAP account for my new Google Apps account, then simply dragging and dropping large chunks of archived mail from my old IMAP server into Google Mail’s inbox. Took a while and needed to be done in batches, but worked a treat!