31st December, 2010
The new camera has a substantially higher number of buttons, settings and general bits and pieces than my previous few cameras - so I have been experimenting with what works best for me. The whole point of a fancy new camera was to get more control, so here are the settings I have configured so far. Anyone got recommendations? (The camera is an EOS 1000D)
- Usually in Manual mode, because I’m hardcore (or stupid). Sometimes it makes it into Program mode, rarely into auto unless there’s something I really quickly want to take a snapshot of (but I usually prefer to take my time).
- AI Focus mode - automatically switches between One Shot and AI Servo auto-focusing modes depending on image movement (quite useful if you need to grab a high speed shot). Sometimes I kick it back into manual focus but I need more practice at that.
- Usually in Single Shooting mode - switch if necessary
- Large JPEG quality - I don’t really need RAW
- Most other settings are defaults