17th February, 2012
Everyone seems to be going mad about Pintrest at the moment so I thought I’d give it a go.
I’m not one for the most abundant content on there (flowers, arty photos, dresses and various haircare products) so I made one about something I am interested in (and do know something about) - F1 cars.
So far I have found numerous problems with their website:
- Popup modals are visually nasty, difficult to pick out from the background when they’re popped up and often get their events bound multiple times if you do it more than once on the same page
- Following links seems a bit weird, sometimes it follows redirects and sometimes I end up with feedproxy URLs on the “pins”
- There doesn’t seem to be a good way to get to one of your boards - you have to click just below its title?!
- Generally buggy picking images - several times I tried to pin the second or third image from a URL and it still rendered the first one
- Their CDN is sloooooow to propagate - first few page loads and the image isn’t there
- Have to log in with Twitter or Facebook (at least you can turn it off again later)
Let’s hope the experience improves a bit.